Please do listen with headphones or quality speakers.  You'll miss so much otherwise!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 15.1



Context*:  Running from a gang of percussionists in a giant cavern
Emotion*:  Heart racing, head pounding FEAR!
Other: "Drums in the deep"

I think this one came out well.  I need to get some more full orchestra percussion samples.  I had an awesome set sampled in a church, but I seem to have misplaced it during my musical hiatus, post Berklee.  Lots of deep choir bits, lots of tension.  The pattern is a Bmin-Cmin4-Fbmin-Ebmin4-Fmaj, or i-ii4-iii-iv4-V(1:30), not a standard progression but the 4ths make it fit (no, those aren't sus4, just drop the 5th, or you could look at it as a carry-over from the previous chord.  Without gettin all technical-like.)
Yeah, like I said, I feel that this one worked out well.  I'm going to attempt to do Tuesday/Thursday updates.  I need to get myself into the habit.

~græy

1 comment:

  1. Reminded me a bit of David Bowie's "Subterraneans", which is always a good thing.

    Hurray for more posts!

    ReplyDelete