Please do listen with headphones or quality speakers.  You'll miss so much otherwise!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week 11.2



Context*: Elk herd moving along the Black Canyon
Emotion*: In tune with Nature, then fright as traffic roars by
Other: Maybe some bugling??

I think that the elk's bugle is the most haunting sound ever, so this piece turned into something of an 'in memoriam'. I broke down the elk bugling, and one set of harmonics is pretty clearly do-le-so, or 1 b6 5 or I bVI V, with a fall off. Anyways, I wrote the progression around that sequence. Another one that I'm more or less speechless after writing.  I may have strayed from the submission.  Substantially.

~græy

UPDATE: Well this one lost a lot in the transition to youtube.  Sound quality is super shitty, dunno why it hit this one so hard and not others.  I'll try reupping it tomorrow, hopefully it'll sound NOT like it's being played through a fucking tin can.  ARGH!


UPDATE: 12/15 There.  Re-uploaded a much higher quality version.  youtube still kinda smeared it, but it's much better.  I'll be reuploading all the past week's videos as high quality video/audio over the next few days as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yeah, speechless. And dark, deep, thick...I wanna hug an elk. And now I'm sure there were elk in Mordor.

    ReplyDelete